What comes to your mind when you hear snacks at the movies or maybe on chilled out weekend while sitting with your friends? If you are thinking about fries you are absolutely right! I don’t think there is any other food item with a larger and more loyal fan base than a bowl of potato fries. They can go with absolutely anything, be it at the movies, or as an add on with your delicious burger. We leave no chance to binge on our favourite fries.
The Habit – Sweet Potato Fries is one of the more popular variants of fries available, they are undoubtedly the perfect blend of crispy fried potato with exquisite seasons to add to its deliciousness! You can get any dip without worrying if it would go well with the fries, as they are so tasty anything seems great with it. The Habit is a business with a great reputation, they have been in the game for a long time now and take their products very seriously.
I can still remember when I was a child there weren’t many fast food outlets around, and my father and I used to go to The Habit to munch on some delicious fries. The potatoes used for the fries are grown and selected by the experts and treated with the utmost care to ensure the unique taste and texture that appeals to millions! The seasonings used are specially ordered and added to make the fries even more exquisite.
We live in an extremely demanding society, taking away all of the time in order to sustain yourself. In the midst of this rat race, our diet is the one that takes a hit. We find ourselves skipping meals and resorting to unhealthy fast to curb our hunger, as there is no time for cooking or ensuring a healthy diet. In these hard times, small things like fries can bring a smile to your face. Though they can be considered to be fast food, ingredients like potatoes have a plethora of health benefits. So, what’s stopping you?! Go ahead and order some The Habit – Sweet Potato Fries, and enjoy the mouth-watering fries! You may ask is parmesan cheese crisps good for you?
How to make them:
It can be considered as calorie friend foods, as most of the ingredients like chicken are packed with healthy nutrients, which will help our bodies function better! Have you ever thought about how your favourite fries are made? Or are you in the mood to make some for yourself? If yes then read the following instructions to make some delicious The Habit – Sweet Potato Fries for yourself.
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt,
- 4 russet potatoes (8 ounces each; 2 pounds total), peeled
- Olive oil spray
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, with a twin curl cutter, cut 7 ounces of potato curls, about 2 cups. Cover with water and refrigerate the scraps for another recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Lightly mist a small non-stick baking sheet with oil spray. Set aside.
- Transfer the potato curls to the boiling water. Cook for exactly 3 minutes but no longer or they will break. Drain in a colander. Set aside for about 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the egg substitute, flour, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and the remaining 3⁄4 teaspoon salt.
- With a fork, mix until well blended. Add the potatoes. Toss them with your fingers until they are coated with the seasoning mixture. Transfer, allowing any excess seasoning mixture to drip off, to the reserved baking sheet.
- Arrange the potatoes, not touching, in a single layer. Lightly mist with oil spray. Bake for 18 to 24 minutes, turning them about halfway through, until crisp and prepared thoroughly. You have your delicious fried ready to be served!
Nutritional value of The Habit – Sweet Potato Fries:
The Habit – Sweet Potato Fries is truly beneficial for the health and delicious at the same time! With about 325 calories per 100grams, it is considered as a high-calorie density food. high in carbs and low in proteins and high in fats it is not an ideal option to maintain a balance during a strict keto diet.
- Total calories: 186calories.
- Serving size: about 57g.
Amount per serving-
- Total fat:10g
- Total carbohydrate:21g.
- Protein: 2g.